Imagine your personal swimming paradise right in your own back garden:
- No chlorine, no stinging eyes, no itchy skin.
- No stark-blue rectangular eyesore scarring your garden.
- Close your eyes and relax into the cool, fresh, clear water.
- A beautiful natural-shaped freshwater pond.
- Swim alongside dragonflies, damselflies and natural aquatic plants.
What are swim ponds?
Swim ponds are also known as natural swimming pools or swimming ponds. They combine the benefits of both a natural pond and a swimming pool.
Swim ponds avoid the chlorinated water and industrial style of a swimming pool. Instead, the water is cleaned by the organic processes of nature. The filtering plants in the margins mean the swim pond blends into the garden. No chemicals and no concrete makes the swim pond better for the environment. Plus, the maintenance of swim ponds is easier than chemical pools.
How swim ponds work
The design of swim ponds divides them into a swimming zone and a cleaning zone. The swimming zone is a deeper area, free of plants or obstruction. The cleaning area is shallow, with plants and materials to filter the water. The water you swim in flows through the shallow area to be filtered and cleaned. A special pump helps to move the water through the cleansing cycle.
The image below shows how Swimpond filtration works, and how they help keep your Swimpond clean and clear of ammonia.
The many benefits of swim ponds
- Beautiful in their own right, unlike standard pools.
- Healthier for you and your family.
- Better for the environment.
- Lower maintenance than traditional pools.
- Add value to your home.
- In harmony with the nature and wildlife of your garden.
- It doesn’t have to be covered in winter, so it still looks good.