Imagine your personal swimming paradise right in your own back garden:
- No chlorine, no stinging eyes, no itchy skin.
- No stark-blue rectangular eyesore scarring your garden.
- Close your eyes and relax into the cool, fresh, clear water.
- A beautiful natural-shaped freshwater pond.
- Swim alongside dragonflies, damselflies and natural aquatic plants.
And you could have all of this in a matter of months.
What are swim ponds?
Swim ponds are also known as natural swimming pools, swimming ponds or fresh water pools. They have lots of different names but all aim to offer the same solution. They combine the benefits of swimming in the fresh natural water of a pond and have the reassurances of clean and safe water like a swimming pool.
Swim ponds avoid the chlorinated water and allow designers to move away from the industrial design of a swimming pool. Instead, the water is cleaned by a completely natural system. The filtering plants in the margins mean the swim pond blends into the garden. You can attract wildlife into the garden, reconnect with nature. No chemicals makes the swim pond better for the environment. Plus, the maintenance of swim ponds is easier and much more cost effective than chemical pools.
How swim ponds work
The design of swim ponds divides them into a swimming zone and a planting zone. The swimming zone is a deeper area, free of plants or obstruction. The marginal area is shallow, with plants to help to absorb nutrients from the water. An electric pump moves the water through pipework, through a series of chambers, passed UV light, through sieves and sponges and finally into a biological filter box containing bio media. We use a combination of plants and electrical filtration equipment to ensure the water remains clear.
The image below shows how Swimpond filtration works, and how they help keep your Swimpond clean and safe for swimming in.
The many benefits of swim ponds
- Beautiful in their own right, unlike standard pools.
- Healthier for you and your family.
- Better for the environment.
- Lower maintenance than traditional pools.
- Add value to your home.
- In harmony with the nature and wildlife of your garden.
- It doesn’t have to be covered in winter, so it still looks good.
Need a design and installation cost? Get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
Fields marked with an * are required.